43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

Posted by MarthaMyDear MarthaMyDear

7 Comments

Mr Blue Mr Blue

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

If 43 extra lbs makes for a tubby hubby, what do you think 343 extra lbs did for my wife?  She was around 150 when we tied the the knot and is now in the vicinity of 500 lbs.  She also is bold enough to parade around here sans clothing whenever we are alone, as if she is still somehow sexy.  On our recent vacation she donned a swimsuit at the pool, as if she belonged on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
Mr Blue Mr Blue

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

"Martha my dear

Though I spend my days in conversation

Please remember me

Martha my love don't forget me

Martha my dear.

Hold your head up you silly girl

Look what you've done

When you find yourself in the thick of it

Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you- silly girl!"

I know this is supposed to be a serious forum, MMD, but I couldn't resist: it's one of my favorite Beatles' songs.  Off the so-called White Album.
LiveLifeWell LiveLifeWell

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

On our recent vacation she donned a swimsuit at the pool, as if she belonged on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Oh boy...I can only imagine your horror.  Although, admittedly, I find her boldness quite intriguing.
Mr Blue Mr Blue

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

I don't know if you have seen the pictures I have reluctantly posted of my wife, LLW, but, it would be "horrifying" to any husband, I believe, to have to appear in public with his wife looking like Becky, even fully clothed, let alone in swimwear.  I am sorry if such a frank revelation seems harsh to any readers, but it is very hard for me to contain my disgust: the woman looked simply grotesque with all her fat  hanging down.  How she could allow people to see that huge roll around her middle and the layers of cellulite on her thighs is truly hard to fathom.  But one motive, I think, can be easily discerned from the following hotel room rant:

"You don't seem to mind it when the twigs sit around the pool and leave nothing to the imagination.  But you expect your own wife to stay wrapped up in a caftan.  What, are you now ashamed to be seen with me?"

Becky is trying to force me to accept the fact that she is grossly overweight, even to the extent of paying her compliments and displaying affection while the unsightly effects of her gluttony are on display for the whole world to see.

I must add, though, so that you don't think ill of me,  that I do NOT look at other women, my wife's claims to the contrary notwithstanding.  (It is a common occurrence when we are out for her to say 'There's one for you' or 'She's your type'.  Funny, it's always a lady who takes care of herself.)  I am a gentleman and have always thought such behavior rude and beneath me.  Even when I am alone I strenuously avoid indiscretions.
LiveLifeWell LiveLifeWell

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

MB, I have definitely seen Becky's pictures.

I think Becky knows your character and who you are as a person, husband, father, man - in other words - you aren't going anywhere, and that knowledge gives her a certain degree of power in the relationship.  Sure, rationally, she knows her weight and appearance are unacceptable (even repulsive), but hey, she has a husband and she is going to show that off to all the twigs of the world!   So yes, I would agree with you, her defiant behavior is meant to force feed her weight down your throat.  As for pointing out those in shape ladies to you as "your type" - that's because deep down inside Becky longs to be that in shape lady for you again, but sadly, that is likely never to happen.

Not to sound morbid MB, but keep up the life insurance policies.

PS:  it's OK to look at other women, there is NOTHING wrong in admiring beauty and the human body in women AND men.  Sheesh....can we stop being so 15th century pilgrim here.  Nobody is going to slap a red A on your chest for admiring an attractive lady.  You needn't be blatant about it, but if Becky has a problem with it, well....lose some damn weight woman!
sweet potato sweet potato

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

  I was just watching the news yesterday, and there was a very sweet faced, articulate woman on the air who holds the Guinness Book of World Records title for the largest hips....99 inches. She is married with children and has the most amazing, incredible
attitude. She says that yes, she wouldn't mind losing a size or two (she laughs playfully here) but that she is proud of her "curves" and if anyone can't deal with it then it's their loss. I always wonder (I am the fat spouse in my marriage) how much of that is truth, and how much is bravado. She looks like a freak and it's tough to believe she's not a total embarrassment to her husband and kids.
loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: 43 extra pounds make a tubby hubby

Curves!  It is amazing to me how the FA group has hijacked the meaning of curves.   Curves are not  huge huge mounds!   Also, what else is she going to say?   She obviously chooses to ignore her hugeness.    She will find it will not be so easy to ignore an amputated limb or blindness when the diabetic complications begin...