Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

This post was updated on .

Here's an interesting story or two:

http://fathealth.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/abortion-youre-too-fat-to-have-one/

The website First Do No Harm has the tag line:

" Real Stories of Fat Prejudice in Health Care"

You might want to read through this before you bring your fat spouse to the doctor or if you just looking for another peep-hole into the crazy world of Fat Acceptance. I wonder if Fat Bastard or Proud Plumpette might be able to share some of their experiences there.
Fat Patrol Fat Patrol

Re: Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

I gave her a talking to.
yourhumbleservant yourhumbleservant

Re: Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

What a disgusting self-entitled sow.  Best quote: “He [doctor] has never made an issue of my weight, which is why I continue to be his patient.”  At least she's not reproducing.
One definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.
fightlike_agirl fightlike_agirl

Re: Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

yourhumbleservant wrote
  At least she's not reproducing.
She is though. I'm sure she mentions rearranging childcare for their other kids.
Do or do not. There is no try. -Jedi Master Yoda
LiveLifeWell LiveLifeWell

Re: Abortion? You’re too fat to have one.

The interesting thing about FA is how is how the members want to be teated both as a protected (disabled) class with all the special accommodations (ramps for the jazzys, larger stalls, larger wheelchairs, etc) and also want to be treated "just like everyone else."  Really?  This woman honestly does not think that being obese brings on additional medical risks?  I don't blame the first Dr. at all.  He's simply protecting himself from a potential lawsuit.