Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

the.comChris the.comChris

Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Hey this is Chris from long neglected myfatspouse.com website.  Sorry I've been away, had a crazy 3 years.  I've moved on to other projects.

I still however own the domain myfatspouse.com and have directed the the traffic to the ns1.fatcow.com and ns2.fatcow.com name servers (this domain's dns server).  I am willing to forward the administration of www.myfatspouse.com to this site's admin, if the administrator is interested.  I am also willing to front the cost and continue forward the domain as well, if they are not interested.

Thanks,

Missed 'Ya

Chris

One Ton Tom One Ton Tom

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Nifty news.
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Chris!!!!!

I really should be checking this board more often! This may sound pretty silly, most of the stuff on MFS always has... What can I say? The old MFS helped me figure out when to fold my cards and get out of a fat damaged and failing marriage. I always felt a little indebted and a little obligated to the site so I remodeled it and I kept it going. Sometimes it goes well. I'm afraid the forum is a a little sleepier than the old MFS. I have to admit I've neglected my duties a little since my divorce, but I try and check in at least once a week. The site is actually powered by blogger... Wukong, Mojo, Mountain, Mary45 and some other folks you may remember have helped out here and there and I still think the site has potential. There's been months where  I've seen unbelievable amounts of traffic have come through. It would be great if you could redirect or point my fatspouse.com to myfatspouse.org.  We should hash this out off the forum. I've got a funny story or two about what's happened to MFS over the past couple years. I'll explain the Matilda thing off the forum. Shoot me an email: myfatspouse@gmail.com or we could just message through Nabble.

Welcome Back!
the.comChris the.comChris

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Sure...my email should be in my registration info.

I'm interested in hearing more.

Chris
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

And as it turns out your timing couldn't be better.  This site is going to be very hard rto find for some time. At the moment we're still up and running at

http://matildatuesday.blogspot.com/

but I may have screwed up myfatspouse.org to the point where I won't bother with it any more.

redirecting myfatspouse.com this way would be great. Keep in touch!
Mojo Mojo

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

My oh my, I do declare! I bet many of the old regulars never thought we'd be hearing from you again, Chris. Man, where have you been?  There were more than a few who were quite bewildered about your sudden disappearance after the Old Myfatspouse.com domain went down.  Some members stopped by the temporary refugee forums, and a few found their way back here to the new MFS Domain at myfatspouse.org; unfortunately others never came back.  I had stated back then on one of those forums that I figured you were either dead or in prison-another suggested you might have just got bored or tired, then "disappeared" to start a new life or something like that. Well, I'm very glad that we all appear to have been mistaken. Whatever your case, I'm sure you had good reason. Regardless, welcome back, my friend.  I think I can speak for many here, you were sorely missed. I hope you like what we’ve made of the place while you were away.
Μολὼν λάβε!
the.comChris the.comChris

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

So, am I guessing you lost renewel on the myfatspouse.org domain or that your dns settings are screwed up?   I am a little confused?  Can you clarify?  I may be able to help?

The myfatspouse.com domain is hosted at godaddy.  I have the dns ns settings for myfatspouse.com pointed at ns1.fatcow.com and ns2.fatcow.com, the whois nameservers (currently) for myfatspouse.ORG .  You'll have to turn on some stuff on your end to recieve the domain myfatspouse.COM .   Also tell me what nameservers I should use?

Do you want the domain I can transfer the registrar, if you wan't, to your domain registrar.  or...........

I could just keep it and point it where you want.  If I hear any good promo codes I might snatch up the related domains .net .us etc....

I guess we can just stay with nabble but anything confidential .. passwords etc will have to go through email.  Added content is always good for the search engines.

Thanks,

Chris!!!

Monica Monica

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Chris. Man, where have you been?

Don't you see? Chris never left.
the.comChris the.comChris

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

No prison or death, but at times I wished I was dead.  Things are a lot better now.

Bluehost the host of the .com site ditched me because the site was sucking up too much of their resources.  Don't believe the those $9.90 a month deals for unlimited bandwidth etc. from shared hosts.  I was going to have move the site to a virtual host which was going to take way too much learning and effort, not to mention 4X the cost.  With everything I was going through I just didn't have time or willpower.  In retrospect I should have posted a stub or something to direct people, sorry.

Well hop forward a couple of year and after getting a few things out of the way.  I'm finally able to concentrate on other things.  I found a renewal from godaddy, and that made me decide to help you folks out.

I have learned a lot more about hosting.  I use linux full time now, and have 2 servers configured in my home.  I don't have any room under my bandwidth to host anything here though, but I'm sure I can help.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Mojo [via Matilda Tuesday's My Fat Spouse Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My oh my, I do declare! I bet many of the old regulars never thought we'd be hearing from you again, Chris. Man, where have you been?  There were more than a few who were quite bewildered about your sudden disappearance after the Old Myfatspouse.com domain went down.  Some members stopped by the temporary refugee forums, and a few found their way back here to the new MFS Domain at myfatspouse.org  I had stated back then on one of those forums that I figured you were either dead or in prison-another suggested you might just got bored or tired, then "disappeared" to start a new life or something like that. Well, I'm very glad that we all appear to have been mistaken. Whatever your case, I'm sure you had good reason. Regardless, welcome back, my friend.  I think I can speak for many here, you were sorely missed. I hope you like what we’ve made of the place while you were away.
Μολὼν λάβε!

http://matilda-tuesday-s-my-fat-spouse-forum.2331443.n2.nabble.com/Chris-from-MyFatSpouse-com-tp6256241p6263713.html
To unsubscribe from Chris from MyFatSpouse.com, click here.

Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Hi Chris,

First the bad news:

I didn't renew on the myfatspouse.org domain and I screwed up the DNS settings. I hosted the site on Fat Cow for a year and then I dropped their hosting renewed the domain and hosted it on blogger.

The good news is blogger and that's free. I'd love to use the myfatspouse.com domain on it. Here's what's involved:

Find the control panel on your domain registrar’s website, and locate your DNS (Domain Name System) settings. In order to link your blog to your custom domain, follow the instructions below to enter your "CNAME" and "A-records."

CNAME
Where it says Name, simply enter "www" and list ghs.google.com as the Host Name. See our detailed instructions on providing CNAMEs for various registrars. If yours isn't listed, or if you run into other difficulties, contact your registrar directly and they can help you out.

A-records (optional)
The following action links your naked domain (example.com) to your actual site (www.example.com). If you skip this step, visitors who leave off the "www" will see an error page.
Enter your domain name in the format example.com, and list the I.P. addresses shown below in the "A" section. You'll need to create four separate A-records which point to four different Google IPs.

216.239.32.21
216.239.34.21
216.239.36.21
216.239.38.21

Update your Blogger settings

Before you move onto this step, wait about an hour for your DNS settings to activate. If you attempt to change the publishing settings before the DNS changes activate, then we'll let you know with a warning message.

Now it’s time to make sure Blogger knows about your custom domain so that Google can direct readers to your blog. To get started, click on the Settings | Publishing tab in Blogger.

Then click the link that allows you to switch to a custom domain.

The BlogSpot Address setting now changes to Your Domain. Write in your new URL (www.example.com), and save your settings. If you do not enter the "www," you will receive an error message.

Congratulations, you’re all set!

Some helpful notes:

    * If your new domain isn't taking you to your blog, wait another day or two to make sure all the DNS servers have been updated. If it still isn't working, contact your registrar to make sure you entered the DNS settings correctly.
    * Your original BlogSpot address will automatically forward to your new domain. That way, any existing links or bookmarks to your site will still work.
    * Your posted images will continue to display on your blog.

The link to the above mess is here:
http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/static.py?page=ts.cs&ts=1233381

I had a guy in India walk me through this on the phone when I moved the hosting from Fat Cow (I went with them because I liked the name.)

If you're willing we can coordinate a little through email and pull this off. I don't think we need to transfer the domain register. If you don't mind  helping me set things up on. Once the site goes viral I'll split any ad revenue with you ( I took down the ads for now) or you can sell the domain for big bucks.

If the above instructions make sense and you want to take it on I can provide passwords. The other option might be for me to set this blogspot up with myfatspouse.net as a domain and have you redirect myfatspouse.com this way.

Do you have have a domain masking or redirect option with go daddy for myfatspouse.com? Could you have it redirected to http://matildatuesday.blogspot.com/?
 A little sloppy, but easy!

And that reminds me. I'd love to get the password to http://myfatspouse.blogspot.com/

I didn't renew the domain at Fat Cow for a variety of reasons. Never liked the .org suffix and to be perfectly honest I've neglected this site for some time.

This is really getting long, I'd love to fill you in on the craziness that has been try to administer and keep this thing going, but I'll spare everybody that for now.

I don't know if you got the email I sent you through Nabble. I'm at myfatspouse@gmail.com. When you get some time shoot me a line.

Thanks again for swinging in. You may have just saved the site you started.

Mojo Mojo

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

Monica wrote
Chris. Man, where have you been?

Don't you see? Chris never left.
Monica,
Thanks for the tip, I see plenty.  Even so, I make it a practice to believe only half of that-and then, none of what I hear. The internet is no place to make assumptions.  Nonetheless, thanks for your attempt to enlighten me; and welcome aboard, (or back?).
Μολὼν λάβε!
Mojo Mojo

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

the.comChris wrote
So, am I guessing you lost renewel on the myfatspouse.org domain or that
your dns settings are screwed up?   I am a little confused?  Can you
clarify?  I may be able to help?

Do you want the domain I can transfer the registrar, if you wan't, to your
domain registrar.  or...........

I could just keep it and point it where you want.  If I hear any good promo
codes I might snatch up the related domains .net .us etc....

I guess we can just stay with nabble but anything confidential .. passwords
etc will have to go through email.  Added content is always good for the
search engines.

Thanks,

Chris!!!
Chris,
   All that sounds good, but I'll have to defer all the techno-stuff to MalitdaTuesday.  When I'm able, I help out by keeping some of the threads  alive, but it's really MT's genius that kept your vision of the original MFS.com going and has made it into what you now see.  You may find the new MFS similar to the old MFS; we have a few veteran MFS'ers along with several new regulars who make up the backbone of the MFS Forum and Blog.  And of course, your old occasional adversary M2 is still here, but MT usually keeps him on a tight leash so that he doesn't bite too many visitors and scare them away.  As should be expected, we have plenty of detractors and antagonists, which tells me we must be doing something right. They continually endeavor to lead the downtrodden victim spouses astray, but very few can withstand the light of truth revealed here: that Gluttony is a selfish choice, and choices always have consequences.  Fortunately, I think we may have made a few converts, among some former enemies.
   We may have hit a few speed bumps along the way, but MFS’s mission to be a place of refuge from the abuses of Obese Afflicted Marriages and Relations continues to roll forward.
Μολὼν λάβε!
the.comChris the.comChris

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Mojo [via Matilda Tuesday's My Fat Spouse Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
the.comChris wrote:
[...]

http://matilda-tuesday-s-my-fat-spouse-forum.2331443.n2.nabble.com/Chris-from-MyFatSpouse-com-tp6256241p6266448.html
To unsubscribe from Chris from MyFatSpouse.com, click here.

Working on it.  I should be able to redirect on my end.  It'll do some redirecting but get you here.

the.comChris the.comChris

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

There that seems to be working.

www.myfatspouse.com will now bring you here to matildatuesday.blogspot.com.

I'll look in to the .org address

Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Chris from MyFatSpouse.com

This post was updated on .
Many Thanks, Chris. A simple and elegant solution. If you want the .org, I can set you up. I'll send email to the address your using at Nabble with some details. I don't know how involved you want to get in this, but I''m only too happy to pave the way.