Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Abbie_Dunham Abbie_Dunham

Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Are you fed up with your significant other's weight gain? Do you want them to know they need to get into shape or hit the road?
OR
Does your significant other keep pushing you to lose weight and you think there is nothing wrong with the way you look?

We would love to have you on our show -
Email me at Abbie.Dunham@cbs.com
viking viking

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Be warned - only go on the show if you are the fat spouse, not the fit one.
Note the itroductory wording of this form:
Husband's Fat Comments Not Funny?
The show is obviously not going to support the fit spouse - but looks to be a pitty-party for the fat spouse - and will probably ostracise the fit spouse as much as possible.

Oh, and who in there right mind thinks they are ever going to respolve there intimate personal issues by airing them on prime time TV.  Only go on this show if you actually want to end your relationship - in public.
popsicletoes popsicletoes

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

viking,
you've got that right.
Phil for sure isn't going to offend his audience whom one could suppose are overweight t.v. hounds.
I mean, if he really wanted to inspire his audience to lose weight he would tell them to turn off the boob tube and get out and exercise. Television causes obesity and alzheimers, and the few times I have actually watched Phil I was stunned at the insanity of his guests. One must be very strange to want to humiliate oneself, for FREE, on national television.

Phil could lose a few pounds himself, don't cha think?
Denis Leary Denis Leary

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Actually, if you've ever watched his show, he often tells the fatties like it really is. But, on the flip side, a lot of fit spouses are assholes to their fat spouses so I reckon that, yes, they will also get a chewing.

I think most of the time, both the fat and the fit spouse could use some improvement. We're all human.
WuKong WuKong

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Exactly. Phil's audience is comprised primarily of the same type as Oprah's. New comer, you're not fooling anyone. I've seen enough of his show to see that he caters to women and seems to get a hard on by tearing men down, especially when those men are justified in their stance.

Simply put, Dr. Phil is a mangina.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go onto his show if what they needed was proper solution to their problems but, if I were to recommend anyone, it'd be the fit wives of this forum, as mangina Phil would love to get his rocks off white-knighting on their behalf.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
BearSnacks BearSnacks

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

WuKong,

Even though, I've only ever seen one episode, i think it's very unfair of you to call DP a mangina. He caters to his audience, so he could continue getting richer. The reason you shouldn't go on this show isn't that DP is "pro-women"/"anti-men". Who knows what he really thinks when the pennies aren't dripping? No, you shouldn't go because it's lowbrow entertainment meant to provide easy, simple amusement, and that's the only thing it's meant for. So... if you have a problem- go to a place that is meant for dealing with that problem. But... perhaps you do just want to amuse yourself. Hey, we should put on some wigs and make up and go do it. We could get in under the fat spouse umbrella (fat suits fun!), but then, once we're on stage, we should start yelling at each other and confessing to all kinds of screwed up shit. For example: after i slept with your great grandfather, you found solace in the Twilight series, and now you're addicted. I'll flip ya a coin for who gets to be the fat one. I'm pretty sure that's what the majority of those types of shows are anyway. Anyone who seriously considers them as a means to solve problems or believes whatever they saw in any given episode is probably a moron.
viking viking

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

popsicletoes wrote
Phil for sure isn't going to offend his audience whom one could suppose are overweight t.v. hounds.
I mean, if he really wanted to inspire his audience to lose weight he would tell them to turn off the boob tube and get out and exercise. Television causes obesity and alzheimers, and the few times I have actually watched Phil I was stunned at the insanity of his guests. One must be very strange to want to humiliate oneself, for FREE, on national television.

Phil could lose a few pounds himself, don't cha think?
Yes, I agree with pretty much everything you say.  But "alzheimers"?
Thats perhaps stretching it a bit far, don't you think ...

PS.  There is mounting evidence that alzheimers is in fact an autoimmun dissorder, in the same group as MS, rumatoid arthritis, Crohn's, Hashimoto's and type 1 diabetes.  Google it!

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

It's been a long time, but it looks like they  found some poor suckers to do this show.
Dr. Phil - Fat Attack!
used2bfat used2bfat

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

Remember Jerry Springer? Now Dr. Phil is reaching those same lows in social media apparently. I wouldn't know for sure because usually when the Phil show is on I am only "seeing" it on the tv monitors while at my gym sweating and burning calories with my ears full of music! Thankfully the gym has several other options to view which are more entertaining to watch like FOX news.

Re: Dr. Phil Show - Are you fed up with your spouse's weight gain?

LOL

And another argument for Cross fit... no monitors!