Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Posted by Diet Coach Diet Coach

7 Comments

yorktown38 yorktown38

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Rose Rose

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Are you serious?  You are comparing a 59 year old to a 40 year old.  The time between 50 and death is not kind to women.  While men become distinguished, women age.  Some women age better than others.  Holly may not be aging well, but at least she stuck by her husband through numerous deployments, multiple moves, and raising the kids.  Even Patraeus admits she has been a great wife to him and awesome mother to his children.

What I see when I look at David Patraeus and Paula Broadwell are two cheaters.  If they were so unhappy in their marriages, they should have had the decency to end their marriages before beginning a relationship.  I see them as people of low moral character, who put lust before honoring their marriage vows, and put personal gratification before the the well being of those who they profess to love and admire and cherish.

If screwing thin, hot women is the end game for men, perhaps women should recuse themselves to some remote island or kill themselves at 50 to allow men the opportunity to hook up with a younger, hotter model.  Of course, when the codger develops ED, runs out of cash or social status, or becomes afflicted with one or another of the aging illness or limits, the hottie will leave him in search of greener (read that as fully functional male) pastures.

Rosie

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Rose,
If all men thought like  Fat Bastard here, I'd be happy to be independent and celibate. As you can tell from Yorktown, they  don't.

Brady: If you think Petraeus  stepping  down has has anything to do with an affair, you probably think a YouTube video actually caused the riots.
Mr Blue Mr Blue

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Shame on DP; there is not a thing wrong with his wife.  She is a pretty lady, as are MANY older women.  I have lost all the respect I once had for him as a soldier.  A true hero would NEVER betray a woman.  Can you imagine how that poor lady must be feeling now?  How could he subject his bride, the mother of his children, and his companion all these years to such grief?  I cannot think of anything less manly than to engage in or applaud infidelity.
Voice Of Reason Voice Of Reason

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Pataeus is an idiot but if his wife hadn't let herself go he probably would not have cheated on her.

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Just on the outside chance that you're a different person, "letting herself go"  doesn't  explain Elizabeth  Edwards ,Elin Nordegren, Or Ivana Trump.  People( not men only)  with money and power cheat BECAUSE THEY  CAN.

"For  every beautiful woman, there's a man tired of putting up with her", That's  the  clean version. I'm sure  there's a flip side of , for every  rich man there's a woman that's  tired of him.
bana bana

Re: Fat Acceptance Leader Opines on Patraeus Sex Scandal: Blames Fat Wife

Andrea T wrote
Just on the outside chance that you're a different person, "letting herself go"  doesn't  explain Elizabeth  Edwards ,Elin Nordegren, Or Ivana Trump.  People( not men only)  with money and power cheat BECAUSE THEY  CAN.

"For  every beautiful woman, there's a man tired of putting up with her", That's  the  clean version. I'm sure  there's a flip side of , for every  rich man there's a woman that's  tired of him.

I know it's been a while since you posted, AndreaT, but I totally agree with this.

Cheating can occur for a myriad of reasons. A predator-type cheater is the type that will create opportunities to cheat because he/she can. They can, and often do, have wonderful, fairly attractive spouses.

A person who is just miserable in his/her marriage and uses cheating as a destructive outlet for his/her own frustration is, I believe, more easy to reform. Unhappiness with a spouse's obesity may be a cause. But I think more than the obesity itself is the fattitude that comes with it.

But there is soooooo much infidelity for reasons other than spousal obesity that it would be hard to say why Petraeus cheated without personally knowing all the parties.
Eric Bana is hot. Why? Many reasons. One reason is because he's not fat.