Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

Huh? Huh?

Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

The 260-pound Fat Nutritionist says:

* worrying about “nutrition” will "only fuck you up"

* "you [should] give yourself free reign to eat WHAT and HOW MUCH you want"

 "eating well means eating in a way that feels good, both emotionally and physically"

* "Snacks give you a chance to eat some of the fun, bizarre, ridiculous, delicious, non-staple foods (like Cheetos) that it might otherwise be hard to incorporate into a fully-orchestrated meal".

Did I mention that the Fat Nutritionist weighs 260 pounds?

Also, check out the comment from Emily, who says:

"I gain approximately a pound a month when I eat with my hunger and eat the types of foods I enjoy (a wide variety). That doesn’t sound too bad, but in four years of eating intuitively, I am up forty pounds. The idea that one’s weight will find a set point is simply not true for me. It does not stop. The only way to stop it is to control the amounts or types of food that I eat. I don’t want to do this, but I also don’t want to be too fat to keep my job and be able to walk, etc. This is a real concern. I am now 270 pounds (and 5’1) with disabilities..."

http://www.fatnutritionist.com/index.php/nutrition-is-a-game-we-play/#comments

Perhaps some MFS people should pay the Fat Nutritionist a visit.

WuKong WuKong

Re: Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

Nah. She can keep on eating. We'd be "bad" to tell her to diet. Enjoy the bed you made (pun intended), Fat Nutritionist.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
kerry kerry

Re: Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

Just out of curosity where abouts are you from? canada or the states
Cheese&Wine Cheese&Wine

Re: Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

Intuitive eating is actually a valid practice and can be a good idea. I can, usually, keep my skin clear and energy levels up by following cravings. Here's the thing, though... It can work only after making oneself eat cleanly for a long time. After months of preparing all my own meals from scratch, I noticed that I crave something savory when my calcium and protein intakes weren't sufficient in the past 24 hours and I have strong cravings for fruit if my vitamin C needs haven't been filled. It really helps me to keep the balance. However, if you crave cheetos or cake, you are NOT ready to follow your intuition. Oh, and I (try to) ignore my cravings after the holidays because several days of crap is enough to mess up the mechanism.
hourglassrunner hourglassrunner

Re: Fat Nutritionist: Eat whatever and how much you want

These FA advocates are probably so insecure that it's not even funny.  Self control will "fuck you up"?  In what world?  I know trying to have some pride in yourself is so cliche but it's not more damaging to be a fat slag?

If she replaced the word "fat" with "sex" then sure, I'd agree with that.  But I think sadly that is the best analogy there is.  She IS talking about food as though it is sex.  Oh, and substitute "snack" for "quickie".  Reread it that way and you'll be truly spooked.