Fuck, I gained weight!

FishNChuck FishNChuck

Fuck, I gained weight!

I'm up 6lbs from 100 to 106 and I feel absolutely terrible. I've been in a mad cycle of binging and purging over the last month, and while I'm certain that atleast a couple of those pounds are water retention and the new boobs that birth control blessed me with, I'm still flipping out. I feel like dying right now.

My boyfriend knows about my eating issues, and has often told me that he would actually like to see me put on a few pounds as he thinks I'm too thin. But I can't help freaking out right now because before he said he liked my tummy, but that was when it was flat! I'm kinda mixed up on how he's gonna react to this, especially after being a member of this community. Do you think he's gonna fret over it? I'm very paranoid about my weight and I know I'll get back to normal in no time, but I'm a little upset by what he might think of me for this. If you guys had a normal weight spouse, would it flip you out if their weight fluctuated by 5 or 6 lbs here and there? Or am I going crazy over nothing? I know this will sound troll-ish since most of my posts are like that, but I'm genuinely having a meltdown. I have to see him tonight and we haven't seen each other for a while since we're in a long distance relationship, and I'm really afraid that he isn't going to find me attractive... Does it need to be more than a few pounds before your boyfriend starts thinking you're a glutton that's gonna blimp on him?
WuKong WuKong

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

The average human shit weights just over 1lb. (I just made that up).

The point is, everyone fluxuates throughout the day. So long as it's not an upward trend and it actually is fluxuating, then you are worrying too much.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
FishNChuck FishNChuck

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

Thanks, I desperately needed someone to tell me I'm worrying too much lol. It sucks when you have to rely on others entirely to keep you grounded. -_- But my own perception is terribly off. Other people have to be my senses a lot of the time. D=
Chevalle D'Or Chevalle D'Or

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

I think if you took M2's advice and found out how many calories work for you each day, ie, BMR,  you might learn something.

I cant afford a dietician, and I am not fat or anything, just make poor food decisions and eat rather weirdly. So I found a website that helps me with a food journal.

I learned what 1200 calories looks like each day. (thats low, I know, but I am smallish and not so young anymore, and I cant exercise much yet cuz of adrenal fatigue) and its more food than I realized. Especially if you avoid the carbs. It was a huge relief.

Palm sized protein at each meal is important, too.

If you were to go do eating disorder treatment, a food journal would be mandatory.

Just trying to help.
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

FishNChuck FishNChuck

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

Lmao, I guess I better find how many calories I need for two! It turns out I'm quite possibly preggers! Oh noes! I know I need like 1200 for the way I wish to look, but baby probably needs another 100 or so, I'm really not sure. Lol, I guess I really WAS worried about nothing/the wrong things. The result was a VERY faint positive so I'm really not 100% sure, but it explains a lot. xD

And now, the real test for FishNChuck. Will I have a kid and become a major blimp with fattitude, who returns to tear you guys a new hole? Or will I accept now that my life as I know it is officially over, and that I now live for this little mass of cells in my belly? Hey, atleast I have no excuse to continue my Bulimic ways anymore. If anything, I'll develop nausea and become a natural eat and puker like my sister did when she was prego. So many things have to change now, so many things. I guess it's a blessing though.

I'm kind of freaked out now, but a little excited. Atleast I know from this site and from people I've known that this doesn't ruin your body forever if you don't let it. I'll have to make like Giselle, and be sure not to become a garbage chute! =O

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

That's one thing I don't get ( among many)- The eating junk food just because of pregnancy- isn't eating as healthy as possible even more crucial when you've got someone else's life involved? I don't mean you  fish, of course. I'm talking about pregnant woman that think they can eat "whatever they want" and it turned out to bee deep fried, sugar loaded, or otherwise garbage.
FishNChuck FishNChuck

Re: Fuck, I gained weight!

Exactly my thoughts! I think now would be the most crucial time to avoid all that crap, lol. I remember reading that article about how Gisele lost the baby weight after she had hers and she said something along the lines of not having actually gained that much weight at all. People were ripping on her and flipping out and saying things like 'Well excuse me, but if my baby wants a DQ cake, he's gonna have one!' Lmao, that sounds almost like an 'intuitive' eater, using their pregnancy as an excuse. I cracked up at her garbage chute comment- I'm not really a fan of hers but that is so true.