I am more than just a little chubby :P

nonamejane nonamejane

I am more than just a little chubby :P

Hi, guess what, this is my first post. I've been an avid lurker for some time but it's now time for me to post my frustration... with myself. I'm not going to lie, I've just gotten back into exercising. I haven't exercised in 2 years and in those two years i've had two kids :P Love them to pieces xoxooxooox. But I NEED to be a good mom, and good moms don't let themselves get fat. Pretty harsh, but come on, it's true. It has to be. Yesterday, I hopped on the scale expecting to be in the high 180's or 190's. Nope, to my shock and disgusting horror i found out that i was a whopping 210. I've never been this fat in my entire life. I joined a gym. I love the gym. It's so motivating to be around people who want to be fit. I don't recognize myself anymore. I've been in fat denial for a very long time. The other day I  told my husband that going to the gym is going to make me become one hot momma. He very eagerly replied that he couldn't wait. I'll admit I was a little offended but i feel the same way too. I feel like i'm wearing a giant fat suit. I DO NOT WANT TO BE FAT ANYMORE!! I'm having this complete mind over body complex within myself. My stomach says, come on, who cares, eat that cake, you're fat already and this is all you'll ever amount to, and then my mind screams, NOOOOOO! That's all it says right now. It's because it's hard for me to stay motivated since i'm so fat and tired. So people if you will,yell at me. Motivate me. Tell me the benefits of being fit. Oh btw I'm 24 and 5'3. At 24 I should be smoking hot right? Oh and one other thing, my husband and I are very compatible. Best friends really. We still have lots of sex too. Well maybe not so much lately because of his work but he still acts like he likes the sex.  Sometimes it's been really good and some times not so good, and i can't help to always think that it would be even greater if i was thin. Do you think he's lying when he says he likes having sex with me? I do wonder. :D Alright enough of that, thanks for listening to me, this blog is amazing. Now off to getting my exercise on with Katy Perry and her freak song Peacock. :D
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

Well the good news is your still having sex...That's often one of the first things to go in a marriage when obesity becomes an issue for a partner. You got on the scale and you got worried. You see the problem and your going to do something about it so it won't be a problem anymore.I probably don't need to list off all the benefits of fit over fat for you. You will feel better when you lose that weight. You will look better and live longer. Yo will sleep better and a myriad of activities will become more enjoyable for you. Eating is more of a pleasure when it is less of a habit.

Consider the process of losing weight a pleasure as well. Spend some time getting to know vegetables and all the wonderful ways they may be prepared. Explore the wonderful world healthier foods. Use the money you save by cooking and eating in to buy yourself a beautiful bicycle. Plan a hot summer night of skinny dipping next summer.

Losing weight isn't easy, but it doesn't have to be a miserable experience. Chances are the habits that allowed you to put on these pounds are worth shedding like winter coats in the spring. Put them away for a while. Spend less time watching, television, surfing the internet and get up out of chairs as often as possible for as long as possible. Find places to walk to. How far is it to the grocery? How far could you two sacks of groceries if you had to? Could you put them in saddle bags on you bike.

Sorry, I'm not going to yell at you. I never yelled at my spouse either. I tried everything. I tried to encourage him to get up and get moving. He decided the C-Pap machine wasn't so bad and the doctor was probably wrong about him being pre-diabetic. We had other problems, but in the end, I decided to get a divorce. He found a woman who didn't mind. I found a man who takes care of himself. Don't let this mess up your marriage. Get some help. Make some changes and move on to a healthier, happier place.
Angelheart Angelheart

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

It's wonderful that you are willing to make a change.  Weight loss is definitely not an easy journey.  It takes dedication.  I've lost over 25lbs.  I'm similar height as you, 5'4" 132lbs.  I am very happy with my current weight.  I alternate between cardio and weight training.  I look great with clothes on, but I want to look great naked as well :)  After I've lost so much weight, I feel happier and more confident.  I'm not afraid of taking pictures anymore.  I can tell you it feels amazing!  So keep up the good work, you can do it!
used2bfat used2bfat

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

I am just getting on this site recently but found your post intriguing. I wrote a couple of paragraphs complaining about my fat hubby but reality is I was a fat person once as well so I feel I have a right to complain. I weighed in at 237 non pregnant! I am 5'4". I was wearing a 24/26 and xxlarge nursing scrubs. My weight fluctuated between 190 to 218 for the most part and then one day I picked up an elliptical at Sears and parked it in my bedroom. The first time I could barely manage 20 minutes but I did it and I didn't stop. Of course I tweaked my diet as well and a few months later I got down to the 160's. I joined Planet Fitness and lost another 10-15 depending on the day. I did weight training and cardio and I have to tell you at 40 something I was looking pretty hot momma! I kept my weight off for a couple of more years but some lingering excess skin on my belly prompted me to get a tummy tuck. I feel great, amazing and most of all sexy! No weight loss surgeries or magic diets just determination and time. I feel like I can conquer the world, except for my hubbys weight problem. I work at it everyday and some are much harder than others. I simply love love love food but I love being sexy and having enough energy to wear out my kids more than I love food and that keeps me on track. Good luck in your journey and I hope you keep us updated on your progress or lack thereof. No judgement here either way :)
used2bfat
mountain mountain

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

Hi....
I admire people who love working out and going to the gym......I am not one of them. I love walking the dog and biking or kayaking, but going to the gym to lose weight....not happening. Lol...and I don't need to. Since I changed my food intake to starchbased I lost 40 lbs ( and I am 5'9" and used to weigh around 165 lbs) and now I weigh around 135 and look and feel amazing....blush. Now at 56 I weigh the same as when I was 15 years old.
So if you get tired of the gym you can check out Dr. McDougall, Dr. Esselstyn, The China Study by Dr. Colin Campbell etc....tons of good and healthy info there.
Slenderwife Slenderwife

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

It's like trying to explain heaven. It feels so good, it's hard to put it into words. But, some examples:

Never again having a waistband cut into you
Not feeling ashamed when you see yourself in the mirror
Feeling sorry for the people stuffing themselves
You don't have to fight your body

I think weight loss happens in the kitchen, and exercise is good for the endorphins.

used2bfat used2bfat

Re: I am more than just a little chubby :P

I actually really enjoy going to the gym. I put on my favorite music and go to town. But I also love exercising outdoors. I bike, kayak, hike in the summers and cross country ski and snow shoe in the winter. I get a real rush when I am working out. I like working out more than I like passing up my favorite foods. I have recently been omitting flour and sugar totally from my diet and my compulsions to snack have almost completely disappeared. The weight is falling off. I would love to get down to 135 or so.
used2bfat