http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/breanna-bond-9-loses-66-pounds-133918949--abc-news-health.html

2 Comments

Frustrated09 Frustrated09

Re: Inspiring story

Mme.X wrote
A nice story about a nine year-old girl who lost enough weight to be active and happy.  What I found most interesting about this story was that the rest of the family is quite fit, that the little girl's problems began when she was a baby, and that she had no thyroid issues but a slow metabolism.  So the nurture folks are right that diet and exercise does work!  But the nature folks are right that some people do seem to be born with this inclination and slow metabolism.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/breanna-bond-9-loses-66-pounds-133918949--abc-news-health.html
Imagine that - Don't eat crappy food and get off your ass and move. Two step process in losing weight - it isn't that hard poeple!

Re: Inspiring story

Frustrated09 wrote
it isn't that hard people!
I would say, it isn't that complicated.  Doesn't mean it wasn't hard. These cheery stories always leave out a lot, including set backs and maintanance. Dealing with a child is also a different matter from dealing with an adult (whatever Diet Coach says).  Bravo to the parents here for making her and their health a family affair.