Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

Anyone here  have a gym membership, and any tips and tricks  to  get a  decent price on one? Yes I know I could get a work bench and weights but I don't have the room for it.

Anybody know why a gym membership requires so much haggling?
yorktown38 yorktown38

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

farshot farshot

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

When it comes to gym memberships, just imagine you're haggling with a cable company. They have more leeway than you think. Take a look at your local parks, sometimes they have fitness centers sponsored by the local gov that you can use for a decent price.

Of course, the gym is only one of a myriad of ways you can "get your sweat on". Ever look at the Insanity workout DVD's? Yeah, yeah, they're billed as "extreme" and have very fit people as the...um...models? (the ones demonstrating the workouts), but they're full range bodyweight exercise circuits. Lot of people at work use it on and off, and I'll whip it out when my back is complaining about lifting weights. Really get your heart pumping, your body sweating, and you can do them in your living room. Never tried the meal planning part, so I won't comment on it.

There's also Crossfit. I won't try to explain it. Look it up, research the workouts, and if you're up to it, find a place that offers classes and dive in!

Hope this helps.

I'll be defiant/the lion/Give them the fight that will open their eyes

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

Farshot,
     Don't worry, I'm, not one of those people that thinks they need a gym to be active. I  ride a bicycle for transportation, so at a minimum I'm getting  an hour in 5  days a week, usually more because of  errands. I just miss lifting weights and   daydreaming on the elliptical now that I don't  have a free gym available at my new job. It's nice sometimes  to not have to look where your're going- and  what those nutty drivers are doing!

As to Insanity, I'm watching for it used, but I have  better track record of going to the  gym than using a video daily. It gives me the time alone that I need for sanity.
NoSDieter NoSDieter

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

I would suggest the Selecttech dumbbells from Bowflex.  I bought a set in November and I love them.  I have  Soloflex flat bench I use as well.

Regardless,good luck with your search.

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

I'll keep an eye out for them both used. We're looking at getting a  better apartment later this year, and I'd love to either have an included  gym with the complex or the space for some equipment. As it is,I'm fortunate my husband hasn't exiled my bicycles to the back patio. He threatens do do it every time be bangs into one
LucilleBlanton LucilleBlanton

Re: Is this a gym membership, or a used car?

I am not sure.