MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Fat Bastard Fat Bastard

MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Jamie Oliver's  harmless,  he  breaks  down in tears too  easily.
Michael  k is the classic "bad boy"  he  rejects them, but if they had if they had the ability/body to appeal to him, you know they'd chase him.

But Meme's the  thin women that  fat  women wish they could look like   without having to live her life:
1. She doesn't  eat  until she runs  her 4 miles, even if it's all day
2. If she doesn't  "work out", she stays under 1300 calories a day - that's one Starbucks frozen drink.
3. She celebrates with working out instead of  food. I like that one, just wish I could get the family behind it. From Thanksgiving to New Years, my  bicycle looks like it got attacked by elves !

She's the media version of  "the woman that does everything better than you". No woman is hated more. Look at how many  women hated Martha Stewart -  some  women  feel like that's what we're supposed to be ,  feel inadequate, and guilty when they don't measure up, and pour on the hate.

LaVidaBoring LaVidaBoring

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Simple: MeMe Roth gets more press exposure. I don't think it has to do with jealousy over her looks, honestly. MeMe looks nice, yes, but she has a grating, shrill on-air presence that makes her hard to like--and I say that as a supporter and someone who has donated money to her org.

I think MeMe has serious problems with food as well, and people pick up on that. Honestly, she's not as effective a spokeswoman for her cause as she could be because of her disordered eating.

Jamie Oliver they have talked shit about, same with Michael K. But MeMe gets on the nightly news and talk shows more than the other two.

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

        I think the guilt is more about the fact that Meme-hating Moms  know they're feeding their kids total garbage. The difference   between her and Jamie is Jamie's putting the blame on the schools ( When it's really  the  whole USDA food system, that's one uphill battle!)   Meme is going straight  for the moms. Ever  criticized someone's parenting?It's not pretty . I have a feeling I'll  be taking my share of  pot shots by  the time I get my chance to have kids. I'm already pretty militant as it is, and I'm losing the  weight to be a mom in the first place!

LaVidaBoring LaVidaBoring

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

I saw a lot of criticism coming from people when MeMe went on record criticizing Jordin Sparks. That was MeMe's first big entry into the critical spotlight. Personally, I agree with the critics that MeMe's singling out of Jordin Sparks was a bad, bad move on her part too. I think the critics were largely right on that one. BUT, it did get MeMe into the spotlight.  I had never heard of MeMe until the Jordin thing surfaced, and suddenly MeMe was all over the news and everyone had heard of her, even if it was to bash her. I think it was the recently deceased Elizabeth Taylor who quipped, "There is no such thing as bad publicity."

MeMe needs to stick to criticizing food menu choices, IMHO, because deep down most people know she's completely right about that one. Targeting fat individuals or characters such as Santa are not going to win her any followers. I thought it was interesting and spot-on and even a little brave that MeMe criticized Angelina Jolie publicly for feeding her kids junk food and thus setting a bad example. The Jolie-Pitt kids apparently love Cheetohs and chips, because they are frequently photographed eating those things.

But MeMe certainly does come across as food-neurotic in her interviews, particularly her written interviews, which is too bad. This is why I think Jamie Oliver has a leg up on her in terms of selling the "give up junk food!" message, because nobody could reasonably make the case that he hates food or eating. He doesn't come across as neurotically frightened of food or fat. Not so with MeMe, sadly. The fact that she doesn't eat at all during the day until after she exercises is certainly a disturbing tidbit. It also helps to reinforce the idea that you can't be thin without taking on some really abnormal and even disordered eating habits. Her obvious obsessive behaviors with regard to food make it all to easy for the NAAFAns and their ilk to dismiss her as an eating disordered quasi anorexic nut.
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Re: MeMe Roth, Michael Karolchyk and Jamie Oliver

Actually Jillian Michaels is far worse than any of the  3 . She's a major  hypocrite since in her books she talks about  how pills and  detox products are useless- then she sells them with her name and  picture on them!