Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

12
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

What are the effects of using these techniques on the people who use them. What if the ridiculer finds pleasure in the act of humiliation? What's the word I'm looking for? Sadist?
Fluffy Kitten Fluffy Kitten

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Do you think fat people don't get humiliated in public?  That they don't see people laughing at them? The world doesn't live according to the dictates of the fat acceptance blogs you read.  Yet, all that humiliation hasn't helped these people lose weight.

As the poster above suggested, this seems more about satisfying your vengeful feelings towards your wife than about motivating her.  Your post about your fat camp fantasy provides more evidence for that.
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

I don't think M2 has a wife. Are you married Fluffy? It is crazy stuff, but most people are crazy by the time they get here. I don't buy it either, but who knows what works? Some people have "buttons" and if you know how to push them you just might motivate them.
Cheese&Wine Cheese&Wine

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

You're probably right. Maybe ridicule doesn't work. What we need is a really god flashy reward, like sex with a hot celebrity. Anyone who managed to get themselves to a perfect body mass composition (no skinny fatties), gets to have his/her pick. The government would draft the said hot celebrities in this war against obesity. Objectors would go to jail, or escape to Guatemala. They wouldn't be able to run to Canada or Mexico because these countries also have obesity epidemics and would also try to draft hot people. Anyway, the draftees would have to go through bootcamp once in service, a program that'd make sure that they are actually hot enough. No one wants to do all that hard work getting fit and toned and then get a reward that has pimples or some flab under the butt. Oh, and they wouldn't get to choose the gender that requests them. I hope you are bisexual Brad Pitt because I see men lining up already. They'd get weekends and vacations, of course. I'm not a monster or anything. It seems that "you will be more successful in your efforts to attract women" just isn't motivating enough for an average obese young man when he considers weight loss. There's still effort and uncertainty involved even if he does lose weight. However, if sex with a hot person was guaranteed, I think the hypothetical fat man would be much more motivated.

P.S. Now that I've though about which hot men I'd get super fit for, I want to add that the americans should be able to request rewards from outside the US jurisdiction, and CIA should be charged with kidnapping them.
bana bana

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

They wouldn't be able to run to Canada or Mexico because these countries also have obesity epidemics and would also try to draft hot people.

Maybe if fatties had to actually 'run' and chase these hot celebrities, they'd actually get in shape!

I'd like to put in my request for the CIA to go to Melbourne and collar Eric Bana now!
Eric Bana is hot. Why? Many reasons. One reason is because he's not fat.

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Question: How long do you break them down before you start building them up?

If a fatling, as you call them, realizes what they've done to their spouse, their family, etc by their greed, the self-loathing will finally come out. It can be a long way to an acceptable BMI, sometimes as long as two years.  It can be almost as long before the fatling is a size that the fit spouse won't be embarrassed of in public, or be worth intimacy ( I guess this is where the Fbuddy comes in) . Would the fatlings  remorse matter, or is it just the deserved  punishment for cheating on their spouse with Ronald, the Burger King, and the Colonel (sanders)?
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

The  big difference with  negative motivation and BDSM is that in BDSM the sub enjoys it and has the power at any moment  to stop  the role play. If this were true  of this style of motivation, they' d get more gluttonous to  get more of the so-called punishment.

Still a bit unsure here, I see the before and the after, but what if you have a 250 pound pork beast - even with 100% compliance, that's a  long time.  Can self-loathing take them all the way to 120?
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

AndreaT AndreaT

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Isn't that what happens to the fatlings in the worst shape do- they stay home until someone needs to knock down a wall to  either take them to the hospital or the morgue?
Isn't staying home to shield yourself  from insults all the more selfish when someone should be just "sucking it up" and going to work to make sure the income continues, instead of going on disability? Nobody wins there.
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

AndreaT AndreaT

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

I would but My husband can't stand those shows.  You are so right about them, though.  Since TLC  hasn't showed them in a while I'm  working from memory here,  but the return  rate seemed  incredibly high. Since insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, it  would have been interesting to see what the results would be if  they replaced  Simmons  with that Anti-gym  guy. Of course I know you'd love that job, too.
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Did you ever pick the right guy! I have that Donut scene from from Full Metal Jacket  favorited on YouTube for instant motivation. works every time!
Cheese&Wine Cheese&Wine

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

I still disagree with you M2.
I think "fattitude" is mainly a shield to save face. I imagine most fat people who claim it's not their fault, actually know it's their fault and cry bitterly into the icecream tub, paralyzed with self-disgust. Some people (a lot of people) would rather live in a miserable situation of their own making than give a long term consistent effort to be happy. They just pretend to be proud of themselves during the day because admitting that they can't control themselves enough to get to a point where they actually like themselves, would be even more humiliating.

I don't have any hard data, though, so I might be wrong. It's just that I remember feeling pretty disgusted with myself during binges. Oh, and I saw a few fat girls break down and cry, back in college. it was always after midnight, after a couple of drinks, and only among "friends".
True_Blue True_Blue

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Cheese&Wine wrote
I still disagree with you M2. I think "fattitude" is mainly a shield to save face. I imagine most fat people who claim it's not their fault, actually know it's their fault and cry bitterly into the icecream tub, paralyzed with self-disgust.
I agree, but some fatlings genuinely believe they "can't lose weight". I'll describe my own dieting history as an example. I was a fat child and was put on a diet at age 12 by the family doctor, but despite "dieting" and "exercising" my weight fluctuated between about 165-180 pounds throughout high school. (It's amazing how little people, even doctors, understood about nutrition and exercise back then.) Anyway, after I started university, I dropped down to my lowest-ever adult weight of 140 pounds through HGH injections and a 500-calorie a day diet. I was struggling to maintain that weight when I married, when my fat friend suggested we go to Weight Watchers together. When she described the diet, it sounded very similar to the way I already ate and I just couldn't see how it could be effective, but my friend insisted. So I signed up, stuck to the diet religiously and at the first weigh-in, had lost an amazing half a pound! The Weight Watchers leader and my friend were dumbfounded. At the second weigh-in, I'd lost an amazing 0.25 pounds! Then the WW leader put me on reduced rations and I still didn't lose any weight. After this went on for a few weeks, the WW leader gave up on me. This was back in the mid-seventies when the general public and even WW leaders didn't know much about diet and exercise. If I could go back and kick my younger self in the butt I would. A slight calorie reduction and the introduction of exercise at that point would have turned my life around. But I digress... Anyway, when a WW leader gives up on you it creates a very powerful belief that you "can't lose weight, even on Weight Watchers". Just before I finally got serious about losing weight in 2000, I had been very sick with bronchitis. When I returned to work, two people independently said to me, "Wow - I heard you'd been sick, you would have lost, what. about 7 pounds?" I thought "Gee, I can actually lose weight!" So I went to my doctor, started an official diet, started steadily losing weight, and haven't looked back. I recognise a lot of my former self-limiting beliefs in the fatosphere. The fatlings "eat right", and "exercise" but "can't lose weight". If they lived with me and attended TrueBlue's Boot Camp, the fat would fly off!
True_Blue True_Blue

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

That's odd - all the paragraph marks in my previous post disappeared.

Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

tac58 tac58

Re: Motivation Through Humiliation and Ridicule

Aww look Gunny is getting a gut. hahahaha What are you going to do, come scream in his face ,call him a fatty and tell him he is not a human being? Photobucket You sir have mental issues and to use R Lee Ermey as your venue to say that people are not human beings is sickening. Also to think the government should force people to lose weight is against everything that Gunny believes in. He is a Marine. He does not advocate that type of government intrusion into peoples lives. Also Michaell Obama...HAHAHAHAH Please do some research. She has had issues with Bolemia in her life, but hey I guess that is okay with you.Why did she and her Usurper Hubby hide what they were eating down in Mexico last week from the Media? Maybe because Mexican food is Fatening. They refused to let the media see what they were having for dinner. Fact ...... there are more people hospitalized for anorexia and bolemia than for being obese. These ultra thin people are a huge problem and spend more time in hospitals than the obese do. The numbers of anorexic and bolemic people are rising at alarming rates. they are more likely to become sick with other illnesses because of malnutrition. Hospitalizations for Eating Disorders on the Rise. LITTLE FALLS, N.J., April 2 -- The number of eating disorder-related hospital stays jumped 18% in the new century, with the increase largely driven by "unspecified" diagnoses, researchers found. Admissions for an eating disorder rose from 23,807 cases in 1999-2000 to 28,155 cases in 2005-2006, William Encinosa, Ph.D., of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and colleagues reported in a statistical brief. Anorexia nervosa was the single most common diagnosis -- in 37% of cases -- posting a 17% increase over the study period. Bulimia nervosa was also highly prevalent, accounting for 24% of all cases, but the number of hospitalizations from the condition dropped 7% during the years under study. The bulk of the increase in hospitalizations was driven by a 41% jump in "unspecified" disorders, Dr. Encinosa said, making that catchall term as prevalent as anorexia. "We don't really know why doctors were diagnosing it as unspecified," he said. "It could be that insurance didn't want to cover anorexia or bulimia so they coded it more generally. Or it could be a more common third-category, binge eating, that really hasn't received its own diagnosis yet." Dr. Encinosa said when patients attempt to diet by starving themselves and then fail, they could be hospitalized after going on an eating binge. Although the majority of cases of all eating disorders occurred in women and girls -- 89% -- the number of cases in males jumped 37% over the study period, a "surprising" increase, Dr. Encinosa said, although he couldn't explain what had accounted for it. An increased prevalence of eating disorders occurred among children under 12 as well. Hospitalizations skyrocketed 119% in this group between 1999-2000 and 2005-2006. However, that age group accounted for less than 5% of all cases. The only age group to post a decline in eating disorders was 30- to 45-year-olds. Hospital stays for eating disorders are also becoming more costly, Dr. Encinosa said. Total costs jumped 61% over the study period. One possible reason: Cases may be becoming more severe. Secondary diagnoses of cardiac arrhythmias, for example, went up 125%, and acute kidney or liver failure went up 118%. "Anorexic patients, for example, could lose a lot of heart muscle and that causes arrhythmias, which is why they end up in the hospital," Dr. Encinosa said. "So [eating disorders] are not just growing in prevalence, they are also becoming more costly." Other secondary diagnoses included fluid and electrolyte disorders (29%), and nutritional deficiencies or other endocrine and metabolic disorders (21%). The findings came from data from the ARHQ's Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project's Nationwide Inpatient Sample, a nationally representative sample of all community hospitals. Primary source: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Source reference: http://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/EatingDisorders/13565 So with this medical data we are learning the ultra skinny people are a problem and a strain on the health care system and something has got to be done about this.Not to menation they look sickening. Like a skeleton with some skin stretched over it walking around looking like they just step up out of a grave. See how that works. Someone wants to be an extremist on bashing fat people talking about how they are not human beings but obviously does no research on it at all.The truth is that anorexia and bolemia are a much larger problem than obesity. I hope you read this and leave it up because it is the TRUTH since you talk alot about TRUTH it is high time you learned what the TRUTH is. Also you need to stop LYING, the fat population is not 70% it is 34 % and if you go to the UN web site you will see that America is NOT the fattest nation we are number 7 on that list. But I am willing to bet that you are too sacred to leave this post up. You have no spine and certainly would never make it through Marine Corp Boot Camp. You are too weak that is obvious when you delete post from people who disagree with you or prove you wrong. Oh and just because I know what kind of mind you have. NO I am not Fat and YES I am a vetaran. I am also one of the staff members for the R Lee Ermey web site. So how do you like them apples? You coming to the Gunny's web site posing as someone else every 6 months and spewing this mental garbage under different screen names is why the staff keep banning you. We know who you are every time when you start talking your garbage about how fat people are not human beings and how the Gunny would never advocate it. Fact is he would tell you to mind your own damned business and stop trying to intrude in other peoples lives just because they are over weight. Because being fat is not the worst thing in the world there are much more pressing issues that people need to address. Like Islamic Shariah Law that allows Honor Killings and the extreme oppression and slavery that is still going on in the world. But then someone with as small a mind as yours would not understand what the Real Dangers of this world are.
12