My OSO Refuses to Try

Sunshine Sunshine

My OSO Refuses to Try

mountain mountain

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Hello Sunshine,

I am so sorry to read your story and I can understand how frustrated and disgusted you are with him. He choses food over his wife...plain and simple. If he wanted to change, he could! He will be a huge liability to you when he gets a bit older and
develops diabetes, maybe cancer and for sure heart problems. You will have to help pay for his medications, you will be the one who doesn't have a "man" anymore because no real man would let himself get to this point.
I know I sound harsh and I am painting an ugly picture....but you have to see reality and it is up to you what to do.
Stay or leave! Both not easy! I wish you good luck!
blazeit420 blazeit420

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Look you've said you are obese yourself. Until you become skinny and have a reasonable BMI, you have no reason to complain about your obese husband. Statistics show that most obese people regain all the weight they lose plus more so first of all, concentrate on working on your own issues first before you start worrying about others. And BTW, I am sure your husband doesn't see you as a barbie doll either given that you're obese so just calm down, hypocrite.
LivingALie LivingALie

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Hi Sunshine,

Just an FYI but the snoring sounds like it is most definitely Sleep Apnea.  This alone can kill a person.  They have home sleep tests now.  I would highly recommend that he at the very least gets a sleep study.  The study may scare him when he learns how many times he stops breathing in an hour.

Good Luck
Sunshine Sunshine

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Thanks so much for being nonjudgmental, man!
I said UPFRONT that I am obese for my height and that I know it, and that I'm currently both getting help AND losing weight. Part of my obesity was due to several food allergies, part was a massive Candida overgrowth that made me crave sugar and carbs, part is genetics, and part was just plain laziness and poor diet. I am doing what I can to change, and I am frustrated because my husband isn't doing anything to change himself. HENCE THE TITLE OF MY POST, DUH.
In summation, I'm no longer obese and my husband still is. I came to this forum for support and to vent, not to be judged and called names.
Sunshine Sunshine

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Hi LivingALie,

Thank you for the info about home sleep studies! I didn't know they were available to do at home now. We have talked about him getting a sleep apnea test but he's very resistant to the idea because as he says, "My dad snores and I snore. It's just a family thing." I can't make him do it, much as I may wish I could. For now I just el is him in the ribs when he snores too loudly and wakes me up.
LivingALie LivingALie

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

Hi Sunshine,

My husband's father snored as well, so loud you could hear him through the whole house.  He unfortunately had a stroke that left his lower half of his body non-mobile.  He was on life support at one time.  Came out of it but then had many complications the lead to his death.  My husband firmly believes had his father been tested and had the appropriate diagnosis, he would have not had his stroke.

Good luck!
disappointed disappointed

Re: My OSO Refuses to Try

I'm sorry about my "Auto Response" screwing up the "Top 5 Subjects" Header on the Home Page.  I hope that this comment will kick this subject back up into the "Top 5 Subjects" Header where it rightfully belongs.