My Secret Weapon

Slenderwife Slenderwife

My Secret Weapon

I've been dragging my feet about putting this out there, for various reasons, but it just might help someone. I am NOT affiliated with this product; it has just worked well for me.

I purchased an ebook called Rousing The Lion, by J.D. Fuentes. It teaches women how to influence and motivate men. I have gotten my spouse to lose ~60 lbs with it. It is neurolinguistic programming (NLP) and it works.

He also wrote a book about communicating with women. I don't know the name of it, nor have I read it, as I am not a man :P I'll try to look it up and share it.

The author is a great guy and even answered my emails, talking me through some frustrating situations.

Re: My Secret Weapon

Hi, Slender, and thanks for this posting.  I had a few questions:

First, what is the premise that underlies the approach? (i.e., what does it claim is the most important thing that women don't "get" about men?)

Next, is this book aimed at talking only with alpha males, or do you think that it would work with guys who are uncomfortable with their manhood? (that doesn't mean they're 'gay'--just that they find the whole alpha thing repellant).

Finally, can you give us an example of how the approach works?  I know that sounds lazy and cheap of me, but I'm trying to figure out if the book is worth the time and money when both are tight...

Thank you, and I am so happy for you that things are on track!
Slenderwife Slenderwife

Re: My Secret Weapon

It's fairly gender-driven. It tells you what types of speech and topics and thinking directions that men respond to most favorably. That's the best I can describe it.

Re: My Secret Weapon

Slenderwife wrote
It's fairly gender-driven. It tells you what types of speech and topics and thinking directions that men respond to most favorably. That's the best I can describe it.
But what does that mean? What is the picture of men that the book offers? Can you give an example--perhaps one that worked for you--of the sort of speech that your husband responded to more favorably than what you might otherwise have said?

Thanks!
Diet Coach Diet Coach

Re: My Secret Weapon

Slenderwife Slenderwife

Re: My Secret Weapon

Mme X for example it suggests that certain words (reward, success, obstacle, goal) get men's attention. Ugh, I'm brain-dumb, kind of, trying to describe it. I've been doing a lot of writing lately and don't have much mental agility left after wrestling with words.

Thanks for the link, DC.