New direction

Slenderwife Slenderwife

New direction

I told myself I'd not talk to him about weight loss over the holidays because I was just worn out. So I didn't. I saw him indulging a little but certainly no gluttony. It was nice to have the pressure off.

I just read Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes. It makes sense and it even explains fattitude. I'm floored. The Kindle download was cheap. I highlighted key bits and had my husband read them. He's on board. I think we might be getting somewhere.
WuKong WuKong

Re: New direction

Loads of luck to you!
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
Ron Ron

Re: New direction

bana bana

Re: New direction

Ron wrote
Dear SW, I'm glad he seems to have seen the light.  Stay on top of him, though, if my bitter experience is any guide, he will eventually try to sneak things.  My fatty shows no sign of wanting to change.  She's now added a massage to her daily routine, in between breakfast in bed and a late lunch at a buffet or IHOP with her obese friends.  She says it relaxes her and helps with her bad back, brought on, no doubt, by the strain imposed upon it by a stomach that hangs to her knees.
I can appreciate you want to be encouraging to the OP, Ron, but I really would caution you or anyone on the bolded in your post.

The only thing any of us can do is stay on top of ourselves. So what do you mean by 'Stay on top of him...'? Should she nag him if he backslides? Or just watch and observe and look for ways to be encouraging, if possible?

Nagging never works. Not for the long haul. The only nagging that is effective is self-nagging, not external nagging.

To repeat myself as I think I have before on this forum (it's been a while since I've lurked or posted) you (general 'you') need to be the best person you can be and model it to others. They can try to lead, follow or get out of the way. Hopefully, they'll at least follow, but there is no point in getting in the way of someone's free will. Say your piece, then let them decide what they're going to do. Then live as you would want them to live.
Eric Bana is hot. Why? Many reasons. One reason is because he's not fat.