Nudism and the fat spouse

Nudony Nudony

Nudism and the fat spouse

Nudism and the fat spouse. Okay, some (or many) here will find this post weird. But hear me out first, because this has proven successful for many fat people.

I know nudism is considered a "weird" recreational activity, and is not for everyone. But I also know nudists are famously very accepting and non-judgemental when it comes to weight. I had a friend who was fat and depressed about it. She became a nudist, and the immediate acceptance she received boosted her self-esteem tremendously. She began dieting, and since results of weight loss are immediately and evidently noticeable when you are consistently nude among other people, she was congratulated and positively reinforced every step of the way. She was also able to size and compare her gait to other nude ladies, giving her a realistic gauge to measure herself with. And she just naturally and easily dropped a sizable amount of weight.

I know this is not your "run-of-the-mill", average diet program; just something to consider if you are really interested in motivating your spouse to loose weight. Just have to sometimes think outside of the box a little bit.
Turtle Turtle

Re: Nudism and the fat spouse

Makes perfect sense to me. If you're gonna have to be naked all the time, you're gonna wanna look decent, ne? I've heard of people eating naked in front of a mirror to put themselves off what they're eating as well.
Fat is only a state of mind.
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Nudism and the fat spouse

That's funny and it got me thinking. Most of us look better with clothes. I wonder just how much of an increase if awareness comes with taking the
 off. They say there are many among the obese that are so deep in denial that they just don't realize how fat they are. Would a little more nudity increase awareness or just push them into deeper denial?  How many fat spouses will have sex with the lights on? Sadly the other side of the coin becomes how bothered would the fit spouse be?
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: Nudism and the fat spouse

graygirl graygirl

Re: Nudism and the fat spouse

Less extreme would be to take photos of yourself.  I took some of myself in a swimsuit, then some nude.  It can be helpful to view yourself more objectively and from hard to see angles (the backside). It would be nice to keep the nude ones for a future bodyshape/weight reference, but you have to delete them in case they got loose somehow.

I can say that someone who is svelte probably looks good in any position, someone too heavy or out of shape probably doesn't look good in almost any pose, and an average figure is pose-dependent.

Just use the self-timer on your camera and click away.  No need to be shy, it's not so bad.  You can privately assess your image, note what kind of improvements are necessary, then hit the delete button.