Obesity and Fertility

sadwife sadwife

Obesity and Fertility

We recently found out that my husband and I will have little chance of conceiving naturally. I've had children with my ex-husband and my new husband and I were having trouble conceiving together, so we had some tests done to make sure everything of his was in working order. It's not. Some of the issues could be genetic or due to trauma, but they is definitely research that shows that being obese or overweight can diminish our chances. I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I have never been overweight. My husband has been overweight most of his life. Once we received the news about his male factor infertility, we discussed some lifestyle changes to try and increase our chances of conceiving. Two days later I witnessed him, in one sitting, demolish a bowl of ice cream, wash it down with Dr. Pepper, and then drink a tallboy. All of this while never leaving his chair! I've cut out caffeine entirely from my diet and really amped up my fruit and veggie intake. Although not the goal, I lost 5 lbs. in two weeks of making changes. I know that my body could produce children, but I want to make sure that my body is more ready than ever, in case we get his numbers to where they need to be. I understand this is a touchy subject with most men, but how can I get him on board with PERMANENT life changes if he can't last two days??