Offensive postings

sad sad

Offensive postings

Hello, nice people.  I just wanted to make a suggestion.  It might have occurred to some of you that every time one responds to an inappropriate posting, it positively reinforces the troll and moves the listing back up to the top.  It might be a nice rule for responses to be limited to the first few hours, and limited to something very bland, like "[Eye roll]" or "[Attention seeking alert.  Ignore.]" or perhaps only a quick email to one of the administrators (MT doesn't answer emails, but one of the others?) if it is vulgar enough to require deletion.  (I'm not in favor of censorship myself, but in some cases, it does seem merited.)

Ignoring them does allow them to sink into their ignominious deaths in the bowels of the blog, rather than revivifying them with each fresh objection...