Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

Fat Bastard Fat Bastard

Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

This post was updated on .
What we really need is "Pro People" Legislation.   Using our taxes to make clean and healthy environments for everyone.   Some of our neighborhoods are great places to live, with nice hiking trails and safe streets.   Some are not.   Poor people are usually the most overweight.   No wonder, they cannot leave their building to safely walk and have BBQs and socialize.

We need legislation for people, for all people, not just the OW.   LIATS

Re: Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

LIATS,

That would be amazing! Some sidewalks and bike routes in my area are a real wreck.
loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

Yes, Andrea, yet there seems always more money to build another McDs or shopping center that sells hot wings and pizza.   Nothing wrong with that.   But the sidewalks and parks should not be neglected in such a community.    They built a brand new Hardees in a small town near here, but the sidewalks are crumbling, and the park needs some repairs to their picnic tables etc.   It is a matter of prioritizing.   We can do it, but we have to vote for the right things.   And hold the corporations accountable, not give them tax breaks or build infrastructure for *them* while allowing things to become shabby and dangerous so that people will not be able to safely walk, ride bikes, have picnics, do nature study, etc..

Re: Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

The problem with public spaces is that they can be misused in some pretty nasty ways, defeating the purpose. I wish the public could chip in on maintenance  with their own label. Trash detail in a public park on a nice day, sounds like a pretty nice form of volunteer work.

Personally, I've been considering a helpful form of  vandalism-  painting  the railroad crossings that are sunk into the road with reflective paint so bicyclists  don't  crash on them. I can tell you how much that hurts!
loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: Proposed Anti Fat Legislation

Here in my state, they do have volunteer programs such as you describe.   I have noticed that the parks look nice, even in the inner city.   Some of our rural towns lack these programs, however (such as the town with the new Hardees).    Still...when people get together and work together (instead of arguing about stupid stuff) amazing things happen!