Small steps

Hubs returned from his first swimming class this morning.

I'm very happy and am starting my own baby-step strength training, too.
Mr Blue Mr Blue

Re: Small steps

Wow that's certainly cause for celebration, MmeX.  I have known other men who have lost considerable weight through swimming, which seems to some far more relaxing than, say, jogging.  Is this regimen being undertaken with the understanding that it may lead to improvements in that other area?  Is it at least an unstated premise?

Re: Small steps

Hi, Blue, and thanks for your words!  I'm not sure how much "that other area" figures in this new development, although he has said that he misses it.  I dare not mention it explicitly, because it would only put useless pressure on what, for him, is now a freely chosen opportunity to step forward however he wants. He has also said in the past that his weight and "that other area" are both symptoms of the problem he feels in every other area of his life, mostly connected with fear.

I was astonished yesterday because my son said that Hubs came home happy (I was at work) and told him that he had faced something very difficult: changing into swimming trunks and revealing how overweight he was--that it was very hard, but that he did it, that he went swimming, that he felt good, and that his goal was to get his lifesaving certificate.

I asked my son: "What did you say to that?"  He replied that he said, "That is so great!" and gave Daddy a big hug.

I mean, how many ways is that great??

So I just want to cherish that, let him do whatever he's doing, and try to do what I should and love what I do, and keep my fingers crossed...  (plus a Victoria's Secret ensemble handy, if needed )

(By the way, is it just me who is a bit weirded out by the new Nabble advertisements that get attached to individual postings????)