Weight gone....now I look worse

mahalia mahalia

Weight gone....now I look worse

Ok so I don't have a spouse but gained a lot of weight due to being ill. Worked my butt off, lost almost fifty pounds, down to a healthy 138 for my height, clean eating and exercising. Now the problem. Omg what a mess my body is...... Seriously severe flabby thighs with loose skin, stomach the same loose skin and to top it off saggy boobs. So basically I look great in clothes, scary without. Now what? Doctor said I have bad skin elasticity, I need surgery I can't afford. I think I looked better fat now I'm just skinny fat with skin :-(
Obsessed Obsessed

Re: Weight gone....now I look worse

I know you say that you exercise, but what kind?  Strength training is very important, especially when losing weight.  Even though you have already lost the weight, it will still help.  And by strength training, I mean lift heavy.  Too many women pushing 5 lbs weights around thinking they are strength training.  Do not be afraid of the weights!

Also, looks are not the most important.  Everyone will lose their looks eventually.  We all age.  Try to think about your health and what you can do with your body.  Things that you could not do or could not do as well when you were sick or overweight.

Hope this helps!
yorktown38 yorktown38

Re: Weight gone....now I look worse