What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

Mojo Mojo

What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

It's been said that when you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.  But then what? How long is too long to hang on?  10, 20, 30 years, 1 year, or till your arms fall off or you die?  Then how much fat is too much fat? 20, 30, 100, or 200 pounds, 10 lbs or how about 1600 pounds!?
Μολὼν λάβε!
WuKong WuKong

Re: What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

How much fat is too much? If it's the result of a selfish, idle, gluttonous and/or lazy lifestyle then 1 pound is. Of course, with that lifestyle that'll likely be increasing in increments of 1 pound a day.

In regards to sex, that's personal preference. For me, 10 or more pounds is when it becomes a problem that will significantly start to impact the relationship.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
Mojo Mojo

Re: What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

WuKong wrote
How much fat is too much? If it's the result of a selfish, idle, gluttonous and/or lazy lifestyle then 1 pound is. Of course, with that lifestyle that'll likely be increasing in increments of 1 pound a day.

In regards to sex, that's personal preference. For me, 10 or more pounds is when it becomes a problem that will significantly start to impact the relationship.

WuKong, Your statement is all too true.  I think it depends on each individual preference.

My wife was about five pounds overweight, if that, when we started dating. I told her ten or fifteen pounds I could accept, she still looked good, but anymore than that and I would definitely not be happy.  She shot up to 20-25lbs when we got married-I almost didn't go through with the wedding when she had to have an last minute emergency dress alteration so she could fit in her wedding gown. But she swore that it was only temporary, and that she would lose it all after the wedding-boy was I ever conned.  Now at 120+ over, she's hardly recognizable as the same person.
Μολὼν λάβε!
WuKong WuKong

Re: What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

Regardless of the fact your issue is the one we're all dealing with on this side, the number of cases doesn't lower my sympathy for you. I don't know how long it has taken your wife to get to that 120+ but it really just makes me sad. I'm sorry mate.

My wife has yet to get to those extremes but, I would guess that our wives do or have shared lifestyles/habits. My wife is 5'7 and her peak weight was around 200lbs. She is currently around 165-175lbs.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
Mojo Mojo

Re: What do you do when you're at the end of your rope?

WuKong wrote
Regardless of the fact your issue is the one we're all dealing with on this side, the number of cases doesn't lower my sympathy for you. I don't know how long it has taken your wife to get to that 120+ but it really just makes me sad. I'm sorry mate.

My wife has yet to get to those extremes but, I would guess that our wives do or have shared lifestyles/habits. My wife is 5'7 and her peak weight was around 200lbs. She is currently around 165-175lbs.

Thanks for the reply,
It's been a roller coaster ride of gains and losses, with unfortunately more gains than losses.  Generally speaking though, it was gradual, between 5-10 lbs a year, over a 20 year period, with some years seeing a loss but subsequent years seeing increasing exponentially greater gains.  At current increases, I'm afraid she might go super-nova soon!
But who can you blame?  What good would it do anyhow? Ultimately the person stuffing their face and sitting on the butt is at fault.  It's just too bad that it has to negatively affect o many others besides their own selves.
Μολὼν λάβε!