What happened to my post?

Gamatz Gamatz

What happened to my post?

Mr. Honest posted a real sarcastic and rude reply to my post, and I replied to him in a civil way that I didn't appreciate the disrespect.

It now - both the post and the reply - has disappeared. Where did it go?  I think it's a good idea to remind people that we need to be courteous on the site.

Gamatz
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: What happened to my post?

Posts are rarely deleted, but when they are replies are deleted with them.
RiderX RiderX

Re: What happened to my post?

Hi Gamatz, since you seem interested enough to hang around for a while, I think you need to know the story on "Mr Honest". That poster is the same person as "Married2ASweathog?" whose posts you will see a lot especially in older threads. He claims to be some sort of "tough love" weight loss coach and does seem to  have a fair amount of knowledge, but unfortunately his views are so extreme that it completely overshadows any good he could do. He is rude, crude, and cruel and has an extremely myopic viewpoint regarding obesity and weight loss. He has created numerous other accounts that he uses to post here, sometimes to praise and agree with himself, sometimes to create a discussion so that he can answer his own questions (using a different account of course). He seems to believe that he is fooling people with all of his sock puppets, but it's usually isn't hard to tell it's him once you know his 'style.'  The forum would be so much better off without him (he has chased away many people like you who came here with valid questions and concerns but left after he unleashed his bile on them). I've noticed when he is very active here, real traffic slows to a crawl; newcomers show up, read a few of his posts under various names and assume everyone on the forum is nuts and they don't come back.  He has been told many times over that his posts are mean and counterproductive but he is a "true believer" in his cause and will never stop of his own volition.

In one of your other posts you mentioned seeing comments here saying that anyone over a size 2-4 is fat and other similar statements. I would bet anything those were mostly him (using one of his sock puppet accounts). Most of the real posters here have a much more reasonable perspective.

I get the impression that his original "Married2ASweathog?" account is currently banned, but MT has been letting him get away with posting as "Mr Honest" as long as he doesn't get too obnoxious.

You will usually see him referred to in discussions as just "M2".
Gamatz Gamatz

Re: What happened to my post?

Thanks, RiderX. After reading through several old posts and forum discussions, that kind of was my impression. I also visited the calories burned link he provided, just to see what it was about.

Perhaps the extreme works for a few people, it doesn't really work for me. Even for me to admit there is a weight issue, then being open to hearing honest feedback from others like yourself, is a difficult step to make. I'm glad I am now comfortable with doing so, as some posts here have helped me greatly. I really identified with yours because I don't really believe deep down that my husband doesn't love me, though that is what came across at first. It was great to read your reply to Rose to see your perspective on things, timing, etc.

Appreciate the intel. Keeps things in perspective, yanno?

Gamatz
Mr Honest Mr Honest

Re: What happened to my post?

Quit whining.

The truth is the truth and I tell the truth with a smattering of hyperbole.  BOO HOO your feelings got hurt. I hope that you get the molicoddling you seek when you get a diabetic amputation.

For the rest of you naysayers, the M2 methods work. Fattitude gets vanquished and lives get save. If your feeling get hurt...good!
Gamatz Gamatz

Re: What happened to my post?

Mr. Honest wrote:
BOO HOO your feelings got hurt. >>>the M2 methods work. Fattitude gets vanquished and lives get save. If your feeling get hurt...good!
I didn't say my feelings got hurt. I said you were rude. There's a difference.

But as I also said, I will no longer spend my time reading your posts.

Gamatz