What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

Da Boston Landwhaler Da Boston Landwhaler

What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery anyway? So here I am commuting to work harmlessly munching away on a healthy bran and raisin muffin when this leviathan plonks herself (anyway I think it was a her – pretty hard to tell under the mu-mu). Now when I say leviathan I’m not talking plump, overweight or even obese. Nooooo, I’m talking about the “I’m so fat I can’t fit into an ambulance” type of leviathan.

Anyway to cut a long story fat, after settling her (?) enormous bulk in the two seats next to mine (yeah – two seats) she reaches into her bag and pulls out a box of walmart-brand fruit loops and begins shovelling them (literally) into her face. Again, we’re talking about the full size box here – no baby sample boxes for this FAT.

Immediate hunger pangs satisfied she looks over at me, smiles and asks me (while spraying me with fruit loop residue) what the time was. Being the polite fellow that I am I gave it to her but noticed she was actually wearing a watch. In fact she was wearing a whole bunch of jewellery. Now we’re not talking the weight/size-appropriate cow chains here, noooooo, we talking tiny, petit stuff like the sort you see on a normal (thin) young girl. I mean the fat rolls were literally chowing down on these things and from the look of things … winning.

Dismayed by what I had seen, I entered a trance-like state of retrospection (aka shock) when to my dismay I noticed other FATs sporting the same type of get up. In contrast there were a whole bunch of thin and/or normal sized ladies casually wearing the now, haute-culture bulky bracelets, necklaces, watches etc. Upon exiting the bus, still in a trance like state of shock,  I realized that this was by no means an isolated phenomena. IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!! Why, oh god why?

OK so was it just me being jolted into reality before my usual 5 or 6 gallons of morning coffee or has anyone else noticed this?  Seriously I want to know.

p.s. Just to stay within the thread – a large number of large FATs were also wearing wedding rings, albeit hidden in the puffy rolls of finger fat, but wearing them anyway.  These FATs are obviously somebody’s fat spouses!

Re: What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

I think accessories  like jewelry are a big deal with obese women because it's  easier to  find jewelry that fits  than it is to find clothes,  so they still get the fun of shopping without the depression of trying on clothes and seeing how awful they look , and
searching all over to find anything that  fits. My aunt was a  purse fiend, but it's  the same idea.
Married2ASweatHog? Married2ASweatHog?

Re: What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

Da Boston Landwhaler Da Boston Landwhaler

Re: What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

I looked into this some more and I honestly still believe that these FATs are purchasing petite jewelry. Although I'd admit that normal sized stuff would look inappropriate on an obese person  anyway - these items are really in no way normal sized.

Perhaps this is some kind of subconscious denial e.g., only petite women are supposed to wear petite jewelry so if I can wear this stuff then 'obviously' I'm not as fat as everyone else believes me to be. Maybe they were thin when they bought it? Who knows?

Just some grist for the mill.....
Michelle Michelle

Re: What’s the deal with fat women and tiny jewellery?

Wrong - it's MUCH easier to find clothes that fit than jewelry.