Why Fat People Should Be Admired

Fat Bastard Fat Bastard

Why Fat People Should Be Admired

loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: Why Fat People Should Be Admired

I think that photo of the OW woman is fake.   Most OW can get pretty undies in their size.   That OW lady in the photo has truly given up!   Granny panties, and even with the elastic worn out!   That cannot be right!

Actually, skinny nothings like me wear the shabby underwear.   My sex life is rapidly in descent.   Why have nice panties when the LOML is losing his libido??   LIATS
loveinaturtleshell loveinaturtleshell

Re: Why Fat People Should Be Admired

We love them anyway, and it is hurtful to see it.   Sure, Fat Bastard you have come to see the ridiculous side of things, but we who love these folks....it just hurts us.   It is OK for us to care about someone who isn't perfect.   He was a sweet chubby teddy bear of a guy when we began.  Something went wrong, and here we are.

I am still physically attracted to him.   He has a handsome face and his chest is still nice (oddly enough, no big man boobs).   He actually is very muscular, but has a large gut.

I do think he wants to lose weight.   But that takes effort, and a long period of time.   Suffering, in other words.   Who wants to sign on for that?   For hunger?    After Christmas,  I usually just want to lose a few pounds, but even just that few weeks of eating sparingly is not enjoyable to me....I doubt I would be very happy to do it for months and months.    So I imagine it is very hard to lose weight if you have a ton to lose.

I do think we who have fat spouses should have started saying something to them when they only were 30 lbs overweight instead of waiting until they were 130lbs.   Some of the responsibility rests on us too.      We can't blame everything on them.... LIATS
AndreaT AndreaT

Re: Why Fat People Should Be Admired

LIATS,
Thanks for your understanding. For someone that's been obese, the only way to be a healthy weight is to make it"After Christmas" pretty much the rest of their lives. If there are things in the person's life that are worth it, it's at least possible. For me it's my husband and my bicycling.

I hurt myself this winter to the extent that I couldn't ride for nearly a month ( dropped a giant cup of  fresh off the stove tea on my leg- don't ever do that!) While the skin was healing,I was almost immobile. It was like a month  in the live of a supermorbidly obese person. ( not talking about your husband here, I'm talking about someone in those documentaries that is house/chair/bed bound. I came away with not just a "scared straight" mentality but a deeper sympathy for people in that situation eat themselves to death, to say the  least of whatever havoc the medication adds to it.

One of the hardest things about giving up any crutch whether it's  food, cigarettes, etc is  dealing with having no way to instantly feel better. I used to think I was unusually weak for wishing there was something  harmless or helpful that would replace food  in the moment, until my husband quit smoking. He feels the same way, and he's had moments of depression without his cigarettes. We both have things that help- he has his record collecting, but there's moments where you  feel the need to feel better more or less immediately. As much as I'd like to circle the building on my breaks at work - that not exactly feasible for a  15 minute break.

Hmm...maybe it's time to buy some new psp games..