Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

12
MarthaMyDear MarthaMyDear

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

HellzAPoppin wrote
I can't speak for everyone, but when I was at my highest weight of 211 at 5'7 (I'm a guy) I was shocked at how virulent some people could be at the sight of my body, as if being fat was like smearing yourself with dog doo.  I was shocked but I found some people's reactions almost comical, and there were times, I admit, when I would go out of my way to do PDF (Public Displays Of Fatness.)

This meant going shirtless at picnics, for one, and just walking around not bothering to try and hold in my 44-inch belly.  Or wearing a t-shirt two sizes too small and walking into GNC centers for my vitamins but also asking the clerk where I could find the weight gain powder as I was in the middle of training. I wish I'd gotten some of their reactions on video!

Bottom line, I've been proud of my body when I was lean and fit at 160 lbs and a 31-inch waist, and beyond as well. Guess I'm just a ham...
I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but this is just gross. I have to be honest with you and tell you that when I see someone who looks as you describe without their shirt, I literally get sick to my stomach. It's not funny, it's not cute. What on earth compels you to walk around at picnics with no shirt? Don't you know people are trying to eat? ;)
At least at the beach, people can run screaming into the ocean. ;)
HellzAPoppin HellzAPoppin

 I have to disagree with you. I know some people don't like it, but I have met some who genuinely said I was "adorable" with the extra weight, and I've only had one complaint in bed. To each his own, I guess...
MarthaMyDear MarthaMyDear

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

HellzAPoppin wrote
MarthaMyDear wrote

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but this is just gross.
I have to be honest with you and tell you that when I see someone who looks
as you describe without their shirt, I literally get sick to my stomach.
It's not funny, it's not cute. What on earth compels you to walk around at
picnics with no shirt? Don't you know people are trying to eat? ;)
At least at the beach, people can run screaming into the ocean. ;)

 I have to disagree with you. I know some people don't like it, but I have met some who genuinely said I was "adorable" with the extra weight, and I've only had one complaint in bed. To each his own, I guess...
I guess. When you're as fat as you say you are it completely feminizes you IMO.   Guys are supposed to be lean and muscular, maybe a little round at the edges with age or what-have-you, but a stomach that's so fat it hangs over even when a guy is naked, or boobs that swing back and forth, or rolls of suet on sides is a major turn off, hands down.

Flab
is
not
sexy
sorry.

Are you married? How does your wife feel about your rolls?

I am married and my wife is also overweight.  She says she doesn't mind the rolls. She also is a great sport with a great sense of humor, although sometimes she is embarassed easily in public as she is far less outgoing than I am.
MarthaMyDear MarthaMyDear

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

"I am married and my wife is also overweight.  She says she doesn't mind the rolls. She also is a great sport with a great sense of humor, although sometimes she is embarassed easily in public as she is far less outgoing than I am. "

Is she embarrassed when you take off your shirt in public and walk around with your stomach hanging over and your sagging she-male breasts wiggling?

Put it this way - if someone took a photo of you shirtless at a picnic, would you be comfortable if your wife had it printed, framed it and put in on her desk at work?

Do you see my point?

It may be fun for you to do this but I think you should think of other people - of children - of people who have to see it/you.  Fat isn't pretty, and that's all there is to it.

HellzAPoppin HellzAPoppin

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

"Is she embarrassed when you take off your shirt in public and walk around with your stomach hanging over and your sagging she-male breasts wiggling?   Put it this way - if someone took a photo of you shirtless at a picnic, would you be comfortable if your wife had it printed, framed it and put in on her desk at work?

Do you see my point?

It may be fun for you to do this but I think you should think of other people - of children - of people who have to see it/you.  Fat isn't pretty, and that's all there is to it."

I'll address these one at a time.

"Is she embarrassed when you take off your shirt in public and walk around with your stomach hanging over and your sagging she-male breasts wiggling?"

I don't know - I can't speak for her. But she does rub my belly and squeezes it a lot as well as my chest, so I imagine they're ok with her.

Put it this way - if someone took a photo of you shirtless at a picnic, would you be comfortable if your wife had it printed, framed it and put in on her desk at work?

I have to say I really don't know any one who would think it was appropriate in a business setting to have shirtless pics of their spouse on their desk, unless maybe they work at a gas station, and even then...

If she really wanted to do it, though, I wouldn't care - I'd be flattered, actually.

Actually, most children haven't yet learned to hate fat, and I get and give great hugs. No kid ever recoils or runs screaming in the opposite direction when they see me, at picnics or elsewhere.  I never said my fat was pretty, though.
MarthaMyDear MarthaMyDear

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

I'm really not convinced, but it's a free country.  I also want to say there is a difference between "ugly" and "unattractive."

I don't find people ugly unless they are ugly inside.  I don't find fat people ugly per se.  But I find them unattractive, to say the least.  When I look at a fat man, especially one like you say you are, with no shirt, I don't even register them. I wouldn't date a fat guy.  I wouldn't want to put my arm around him and feel a lump of fat. I wouldn't want to go to the beach with him and see him with his shirt off. I wouldn't want to watch him walking around the bedroom getting dressed.

HellzAPoppin HellzAPoppin

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

I understand you don't want to see those things, but I love going to the beach and having my shirt off in public and you have the right to look away if you don't like it. You know? It's my body and I think a person should be proud of their body.

The title of the thread is "why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?"

I guess I'm just proud in general, or don't have the self-hatred a lot of people do.  I actually like the "lump of fat" on either side of me, I like that my stomach is big and hangs over, I like my chest and my arms and legs and...you get the idea.

I wanted to ask, have you ever dated a fat guy? What turned you off so much? Just curious.

Re: Why are the FA fatties so proud of being morbidly obese?

Fat or thin ( he quit smoking lately so you can guess what end he's on right now) I think hub's adorable. We both tend to get worried however when it all goes to his stomach. That's because  before his biological father  died from cancer his stomach was large and hard from alcohol. So it's just a matter of keeping hub healthy and above ground. An overreaction, I know, but after losing  relatives on both sides from cancer, it's hard to fight.

Plus when he's trying to lose weight he  doesn't bring ice cream home, which makes my life easier.

but HAP I'm on your side of the fence. Kevin Smith, Jack Black, adorable. and until lately, GĂ©rard Depardieu..is it hot in here? LOL
12