Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

12
FitHusband FitHusband

Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

Heres my wifes top 3 excuses..
1) I cant count calories--it makes me crazy---and then I go crazy(wearing maternity clothes doesnt maker her crazy but counting calories does ?!?
2) You never give me the time to work out...(bullllshittt)
3) I stopped exercising because it didnt work for me(after 2 weeks) ...lol
Mojo Mojo

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

MT, What happened to the rest of this thread? It was just starting to get interesting, and I was just about to make a reply to your last post here before I see all deleted but the first posting.
Μολὼν λάβε!
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

My apologies Mojo.  I'm afraid the thread disintegrated. I was trying to edit out something and I ended up losing everything. I liked where Domboy was taking things and I'm all for a thread discussing attitudes toward obesity among Muslims. I don't think this is the place for M2's opinions of Islam. It just doesn't fit in with what this site is all about. MFS is not at war with what our former president called the "religion of peace". I'm all for interesting. I tire easily when it comes to plain old insulting. MFS had over 600 hits from Muslim countries last week. As far as I'm concerned these folks are welcome here and I can't think of anything that will drive potential users and clickers of ads on this forum away faster than a long diatribe on what's wrong with somebody else's religion.. Again, I'm sorry if this seems a little heavy handed. I usually refrain from deleting threads. This forum has been so quiet lately. I hate to lose anything that might generate some discussion. I just posted a news story about obesity in the Middle East. Perhaps we could continue the discussion there?
domboy domboy

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

ahhh, I was wondering myself... no problem. Yeah, I wasn't sure if M2 was posting an honest question or just trying to stir things up. But taking it as a serious question brought up some interesting questions and thoughts regarding how the Muslim world might view the subject...
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

Right! I'm guessing that the worlds one billion muslims may have a diversity of opinion at least as vast a their population. Here's an Arab one:

Mojo Mojo

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

Matilda Tuesday wrote
[...]
MT,  No apologies necessary, that's completely understandable.
   As for the quietness, I noticed that too.  (I've used some of the down-time to catch up on a few of threads I hadn't had a chance to read yet).  I've sort of run out of new things to say that haven't been said already.  Afterall, how much more can be said after your lovely spouse goes from fit to fat, to fatter, then really freaking fat, and afterwards could really give a rat's ass about how you feel about it?  Well, maybe there's more, but probably like many right now, I'm just really busy.
Μολὼν λάβε!
graygirl graygirl

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

That's all well and good because it was getting too technical anyway for us dizzbrains without a degree in Middle Eastern Religious Sects.

It's always interesting to hear a viewpoint from another culture.  I would like to hear viewpoints from another age group as well - such as seniors.  I don't think we've had anyone over 70 on the forum, but wouldn't it be great to hear some octogenarians stories of life with a fat spouse?  How do these stories end?
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

Mojo wrote
 I've sort of run out of new things to say that haven't been said already.  Afterall, how much more can be said after your lovely spouse goes from fit to fat, to fatter, then really freaking fat, and afterwards could really give a rat's ass about how you feel about it?  Well, maybe there's more, but probably like many right now, I'm just really busy.
Ain't that the truth! Still, there's always something to say and with the whole world wide web out there churning and churning, I'd like to keep our little forum as wide open as possible and with any luck some of these lurkers will climb on board and share their experience with us.
Mojo Mojo

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

FitHusband wrote
Heres my wifes top 3 excuses..
1) I cant count calories--it makes me crazy---and then I go crazy(wearing maternity clothes doesnt maker her crazy but counting calories does ?!?
2) You never give me the time to work out...(bullllshittt)
3) I stopped exercising because it didnt work for me(after 2 weeks) ...lol

Back to the original subject here:

#3) I don’t have time to watch my diet or exercise.
Really? Yet you have plenty of time to watch at least two or three hours of TV every night and even more on the weekends?

#2) I don’t really eat that much, and I don’t really think I weigh all that much either.
Oh no, of course not.  So how did you manage to gain that extra 120lbs.?

#1) God made me this way; it’s in my genes, so I can’t help that I'm fat.
Wow! This one’s a real doozy. Let’s blame everything on God, He takes the rap for everything else that seems to go bad. Maybe it will become a new criminal defense plea too: The, ‘God made me do it’ Plea.  Hey, forget the devil, “I’m really sorry Your Honor, but Man, I couldn’t help myself. You see, God made me..."
Μολὼν λάβε!
facepalm facepalm

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

1. I get enough exercise at work all day.         *0.o*

2. I do watch what I eat.  *Looking at what missed the mouth- I doubt it.*

3. I used to work out and be very muscular.  *blink*
Katie Katie

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

this forum is quiet because you have at least one poster who is more interested in jumping in every thread as an opportunity to espouse  his opinion on how totally disgusting and lazy fat people are, than in actually helping people with a legitimate problem.  It's exhausting and off-putting. Surely you realize this.

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

This post was updated on .
Katie,
The thing about M2  is  he says what a lot of people think but don't have the  nerve to say.  I'd rather know it out in the open and deal with it. I have to wonder how many people  have the same amount of disgust for fat people, like potential employers . Considering all the studies that  fat people make less,  I'm guessing there are a lot of "mental m2's" out there. I'm also trying to get a sideline business going and don't want people being put off by , since you hear a lot of fat= failure.

WuKong WuKong

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

This place would be boring without M2. This isn't and never was some official scientific site. It's simply a collection of people with opinions and experiences. Some of the opinions are based on research, much is not.

Foremost, this place is a refuge for those dealing with a spouse that has chosen food or unhealthy lifestyles over their partner and their relationships/commitments. Everything else - advice, studies, etc. - are secondary.
"Worthless people live only to eat and drink; people of worth eat and drink only to live." -
  --  Socrates
M2Fan M2Fan

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

That's M2. He's like the resident comedian. Like someone said he says the things no one wants to say, and isn't afraid to go to extremeties to make a point. You're not really meant to take it entirely to heart. I can see where a lot of it might be offensive, but it's the internet- you aren't going to escape that. Either way, when you read those posts, take what's being said with a grain of salt. I think it's more to make light and humour out of the fit spouse's dilemna, a way of making comical the sore feelings felt by many here.
PinkPink PinkPink

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

1.  I don't have time
2.  My back hurts/I'm tired/It's too hot/I'm too sad
3.  I just need to eat less
Mojo Mojo

FYI

MT,
I don't if it's on my end or not, but I've been trying to post to MFS and haven't been able.  Apparently, I can't even sign-on, even as a guest poster.  Is the server having issues, perhaps?

Mojo
Μολὼν λάβε!
Matilda Tuesday Matilda Tuesday

Re: FYI

Goodness! I'm really not sure. The host for the site is just blogger. Everything else is Nabble.
Your profile looks fine. I'm sorry I'm not much help. This post got through so maybe we're fixed...

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

1.) The battery on my kitchen scale died (Fixed that)
2.) I can't lose weight in the winter! (oops I can, just need a lower level of calories apparently)

Drat. can'even think of  3.
FishNChuck FishNChuck

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

1) Diets don't work; you just go into starvation and gain everything back so why bother trying? Besides, everyone in my family is heavy, it's genetic and natural for me to be this size.
2) I like to eat, why should I have to deprive myself?
3) My feet hurt, going for a walk would make that worse.

Those are the excuses my Mother gives.
bana bana

Re: Your spouses top 3 Excuses for being fat...

My hubby and I don't make excuses, but I found myself being recently disgusted by my friend's sister's excuses (follow that?)

1) "Everytime I exercise I'm in so much pain that I have to take meds and then I don't feel like exercising."

2) In response to being told to just focus on diet and get part of the weight off that way: "Well my sister cooks high fat foods." Um...cook for yourself?! You're 50!

2a) "My husband and kids like fatty foods!" Um...ever heard of personal responsibility? I'm making banana splits (small ones) for my kids' once-a-week dessert treat. I'll have none cause I'll be eating my cup of berries. Try self-control. It really works.

3) "I tried A, B & C diets. They didn't work." Um...no, the diets worked. You're a lazy quitter.

As a side note, if you're not going to do anything about your obesity, PLEASE QUIT DOMINATING EVERY CONVO WITH HOW MUCH OF A DIETING LOSER YOU ARE! Can you talk about something you're actually good at?

Okay, done ranting.
Eric Bana is hot. Why? Many reasons. One reason is because he's not fat.
12