no flour no sugar! A miracle!

used2bfat used2bfat

no flour no sugar! A miracle!

Hi everyone. I am so grateful to have discovered this forum. And love the fact that all topics can be discussed here. I used to be a fatty. I wasn't particularly overweight as a child just chubby is how those who knew me would have described me. In high school I weighed about 144 at 5'4". A little heavy by high school standards. I joined the military out of HS and maintained my weight at or around the 150's. I went on a diet in my early 20's and actually got down to 127. I remember how sexy I felt then. That didn't last long however. After being discharged from the military my weight began to climb and climb. I hit the 200 mark in my late twenties. Three pregnancies throughout my 30's put my weight at around 230. So at 40 years old I basically got fed up! I bought an elliptical machine and made some dietary changes and gradually lost about 80 pounds. Back to the 150's again. I have pretty much maintained my weight over the last 3 years with about a ten pound fluctuation. I recently got fed up again as I still have a goal to reach the mid 130's and stay put.
I discovered the "no flour, no sugar" plan through food addicts anonymous. I was pretty skeptical at first but figured what do I have to lose (except for 20 pounds :) ). I was constantly fighting this desire to snack, especially in the evenings. Well for the last 2 weeks I have stuck to it and I am amazed! I feel great and I don't feel deprived and most of all my desire to snack has completely vanished. The weight is dropping off! I am happier and my mood is better. Its not really that difficult either. I make really fun healthy meals which don't happen to include flour and there are so many options. I have continued my workouts and have plenty of energy. I have lost nearly 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I am hoping that my hubby will see the positives and follow suit but if he choses not to so be it because I feel awesome and nothing and nobody is going to stop me now. Has anyone else here followed this food plan?