now this woman is an inspiring

Greenthumb Greenthumb

now this woman is an inspiring

she has my respect.  Imagine how touched any person with an obese spouse would be if their spouse was willing to sacrifice this much.   I'd be thinking, OMG, this woman must love me a lot!  instead of wondering if she even gives a crap about what I think once you get past the "talk"... everybody knows that talk is cheap.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/army-wife-surprises-husband-with-100-pound-weight-loss--173126750.html

Re: now this woman is an inspiring

This post was updated on .
I wish them all the best.  I also send supportive thoughts her way for keeping it off...

Edit, after watching the video clip:  Actually, what I found interesting was that Larry was more speechless than happy with her weight loss, weight loss which caused her to become thinner than she was when they got married.  I wonder if he actually preferred her a bit heavier, if after living through what could only be hell in Afghanistan, he returned home to a media circus to discover the rock of his love and fantasies having turned into something less substantial, and wearing way too much make-up.  I could be wrong here, but this interesting situation seems rather different from those on this site where spouses inflate after marriage, where the weight gain is the source of unpredictability and disconnection.

The surprise factor is also dicey, as surprise factors always are--they are always a form of control, however well-meaning.

Of course, I still wish them well, and she is surely healthier and happier at a trimmer weight.  But I wouldn't rush to Disneyify the moment.  Instead, I just wish the couple peace and privacy as they work to re-connect together and to bridge the stressful abyss between the horrible realities of a war zone and the cosmetic expectations of commercial America.
Rea Rea

Re: now this woman is an inspiring

She did an amazing thing by losing all that weight, whether for love out of love for her husband for herself, it really is quite a feat, but the whole media circus seemed a little self serving. Still, most spouses here would more than overjoyed to have a partner do the same, with or without the media circus.